Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Back to the Bluegrass This Weekend

You can take the boy out of Kentucky, but sooner or later he'll go back.
This weekend holds the opportunity to return home and play in two wonderful coffee shops located in the heart of the Bluegrass. On Friday night, I go to Danville, Ky. for a two-hour set at The Hub Coffee House and Cafe. The Hub is a delightful cafe in downtown Danville, just a few blocks away from the campus of Centre College.
Then on Saturday, I will play the 9:00 set at Common Grounds Coffee House in Lexington. Common Grounds is in my old stomping grounds near the University of Kentucky campus. It will truly be a return home for me to be back on High Street.
As if that's not enough, the following weekend--after Thanksgiving--I get to go back home again to play a two-hour set at Main and Maple, a coffee shop in old town Nicholasville, Ky. on Saturday evening.
I'm expecting a lot of old friends and a few family members for these shows. If you can't be there, or even if you can, could you help spread the word? I've set up a page on my web site where you can download flyers for each of these shows. You can print them, save them, post them, send them to friends. Anything that helps get the word out will be appreciated.
Having these trips back home will make Thanksgiving extra special for me this year. Wherever you are, I hope that you enjoy a blessed time of gratitude for this holiday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home