Friday, November 06, 2009

Frosty Mornings and a Swing Through Kentucky

The past couple of mornings have greeted us with frost on the grass. We're getting the flower beds and our little garden plot settled in to receive the winter snow. Soon the holidays will be here, and I'll be taking a little rest from the year's vigorous performance schedule.
However, a few more gigs have me pumped up for finishing out the year, including more gigs with Patchwork at Strange Brew and at a new venue for me, Bar Louie in Carmel, Ind.
Before and after Thanksgiving, I get to make a swing through central Kentucky and play at some of the finer coffee houses in the Bluegrass. The Hub is located in downtown Danville, just a few blocks from the campus of Centre College. I had a great time playing there earlier this year and look forward to being back on Friday, November 20.
Then on Saturday the 21st, I head to Lexington to play a one-hour set at Common Grounds, located in the Chevy Chase part of Lexington, my old stomping grounds near the University of Kentucky campus. Several friends and family are planning to come out for this one, so it's shaping up to be an outstanding good time.
After Thanksgiving, on Saturday, November 28, I get to make a return trip to Main and Maple in downtown Nicholasville, Ky. You can take the boy out of the Bluegrass, but you can't take the Bluegrass out of the boy. It will be good to visit back home.
I hope this finds you doing well. If you can, come on out for a little fun and acoustic folk before settling in for that long winter's nap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home