Thursday, October 16, 2008

Mid-October News

Howdy-hi there, friends and neighbors!

My upbringing with Cincinnati television makes me want to finish the greeting: "This is your old pal, Kash Amburgey, from Kash's Big Bargain Barn in South Lebanon, Ohio"

These past few weeks have been pretty harried, what with September's marathon of men's retreats and then the statewide assembly of Disciples of Christ this past weekend, which I had a major role in planning. That still didn't stop me from travelling down to Cincinnati to Carthage Christian Church for their homecoming weekend. And what a refreshing and blessed weekend it was! I played a coffee house concert on Saturday night and had the opportunity to preach on Sunday morning. It was just the boost I needed to push me into Assembly weekend.

The Assembly was a blast, and the weekend afforded not one but two opportunities to play with Roots and Branches. We provided dinner music at the Assembly on Friday night. Then we travelled to Bedford on Sunday to play for the annual picnic of First Christian Church in Bedford. Talk about fun!
The picture on the left is from the closing worship service for the Assembly last Saturday. We had some wonderful musicians there, and I was honored to be a part of it.

Now looking ahead, I've got some fun times for pickin' coming up.

Next Friday, October 24, I'll be hooking up with Patchwork again, this time at Beanzie's Gourmet Coffee in Avon. Rick, Holly and I always have a good time together, and that translates into a good time for the folks that come out to hear us. We'll be getting started at 6:30. Beanzies is located at 1118 N State Road 267, Avon.

Saturday, October 25, I make my first trip to Fort Wayne to perform when I play at Firefly Coffee House. If you have friends in the Fort Wayne area, let them know about this one. The music starts at 8:00, and there's a $1 cover charge. Firefly is located at 3523 N Anthony Blvd in Fort Wayne.

Saturday, November 1, I'll be back at The Bread Ladies for lunch and music, and I'll be playing from noon until 3:00. I was there for Riley Days earlier this month, and it's true I love the Ladies! Come for the chicken salad (Mmmm); stay for the music. The Bread Ladies is located at 5 American Legion Pl, across from the Hancock County Courthouse, in Greenfield.

Then on Friday evening, November 7, Patchwork and I will roll down I-70 to Terre Haute for another evening of laughs and licks. We'll be playing at Coffee Grounds, which is a new venue for us. The music gets underway at 7:00, so tell your friends in Terre Haute about this one! Coffee Grounds is located at 423 Wabash Ave in Terre Haute.

I'd love to see you at one of these fine venues, so mark a calendar and save a date for some acoustic folk, gospel and Americana.




"Then just follow the arrows! Follow the cars! To Kash's Big Bargain Barn, where you save cash with Kash!"

Blessings,
Dean

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home