Monday, June 16, 2008

I Didn't Take Pictures

So I'm going to be dependent on the kindness of my friends, but the memories of the release celebration for Give Us a Song are indelibly stamped on my mind. The new CD certainly got a most fitting launch. I've been promised some pictures and video, so there will be more to come later. For now, I just need to express my deep gratitude.

It all went so well. The weather was fabulous. So many of our best friends were there. Center Stage was rockin'. Looked like the reuben was a happening thing. Cold drinks, coffee, ice cream, cookies. It was all good. A friend showed up that I didn't expect because he and his wife saw the event posted on the Indy.com calendar.

Patchwork played as well as I think I've heard them. Rick had his new hammered dulcimer in fine tune, along with his new Morgan Monroe guitar. Holly's fiddle and voice were prime. And one of the many highlights for me was when they let me sit in on iron pipe on a cover of Tony Orlando and Dawn's "Knock Three Times." Yes. Iron pipe. You can get a lot of music out of plumbing.

Eli Beth was her lovely and charming self. She played a beautiful set of originals and covers. "Blue Bayou" brought me to the stage, then Holly, and we had a dandy three-part harmony happening.

I don't think I've enjoyed a set more than the one I played. There's something special in the connection between performer and audience, and it was certainly there. Energy flowed back and forth. We laughed and sang together. A few tears fell. Holly and I sang the rendition of Angel Band that appears on Patchwork's new CD.

Of course, I hope this disc sells well. I hope people enjoy it. I'll be working to get it out there, but I am extremely grateful for the many friends who came out to celebrate with me. That, right there, makes it all worthwhile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home