Thursday, June 12, 2008

Release Celebration: So Many Wonderful People

It's going to be a large time this Saturday at Center Stage CafePatchwork and Eli Beth will share the stage with me to celebrate the release of my third CD, Give Us a Song.  The music will be going from 8:00 until 10:00.

It's hard to believe how blessed I am to work with so many wonderful people.  First of all, Catrice and Dana, the owners of Center Stage Cafe, are just the greatest.  They have a great downtown venue and run a fabulous business.  If you haven't been down to 970 Fort Wayne Avenue in Indy, drop in for good food and non-alcoholic drinks.  Catch Spoke-N-Heard, the open mic hosted by TonyWHOA and Simple', on Tueday nights and Friday Night Jamz on Friday.

You also owe it to yourself to hear Rick Garrett and Holly Smith, Patchwork.  Their new CD is now available at CD Baby, and they'll be having their release celebration at Center Stage on July 12.  Patchwork's music has a simple charm that draws you in, and before you know it, you're tapping your foot, singing along, and enjoying good music performed by great people.

Eli Beth, in addition to being a lovely, charming and talented singer-songwriter, is one of the people that made Indianapolis feel like home to me.  I stumbled onto her open mic at Corner Coffee shortly after moving here, and it was the beginning of coming out of the artistic and musical black hole I had been in.  When she let me do harmony vocals with her on Karla Bonoff's "Home," I was hooked.  Eli is an extremely gifted songwriter, a talented guitarist, and this woman has a silky smooth voice.  I could listen to her for days.

Patchwork leads off the evening at 8:00.  Eli takes the stage at 8:30, and I go on at 9:00.  It's going to be an evening of acoustic merry-making, and I am so extremely pumped!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home