Friday, December 01, 2006

A Following of Friends

Last night in Indianapolis, the storm that dumped a foot of snow on St. Louis was pouring rain over Indy. I was booked to play at Boulevard Place Cafe, and the weather had me believing that it would be a short show. "Nobody's going to come out on a night like this," I thought.

But what to my wondering eyes should appear, but most of the members of Roots and Branches, a Disciples pastor from Anderson with her husband and some folks from Middletown. Not only had these folks come out, but they'd made an hour's drive through nasty weather to be there.

We had a great time, probably the most fun show I've done in years. Everybody sang along, and the four-part harmony on Marching to Zion was, well, heavenly. I don't know if I'll be able to do that song without a choir again.

What a wonderful thing friendship is! Everyone told me how much they enjoyed the music, and I know they were sincere.

I recall the story that ends with a young boy telling his teacher, "Long walk part of gift." I received a special gift last night, and I don't know how to begin to say "Thank you."

Blessings,
Dean

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home