Saturday, November 04, 2006

A good cause, a good time

Friday night it was back to Corner Coffee for a benefit. Some of the staff at the coffee house were holding the benefit for an Indy-based charity that works with AIDS orphans in Zimbabwe. Several excellent performers were there, and they raised over $800. It was a good night all around. Eli Beth was there, as was Dave Spears. It was a great night to hear some local songwriters who were new to me. Hopefully, they'll come back for open stage in a couple of weeks.


During my set, Eli asked if I knew "Christmas in Prison," a John Prine song. I used to do it, but it's been long enough that Debbie had never heard me sing it. I did what I could remember, but by breakfast on Saturday morning the little man in my brain that retrieves song lyrics had put all the pieces back together. That song will go back in the repertoire for a while.


Next weekend, it will be great to rejoin Roots and Branches at the Indiana regional assembly of the Disciples and then to sing and play with Phoebe Spier. It will be a busy weekend but a great one.


Peace,
Dean

2 Comments:

At 5:15 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Christmas in Prison! I remember you doing that one! I'm so glad to see you're still out there making music, Dean! Maybe some day I'll get up there & run through a few CSN tunes with you.

 
At 10:19 PM , Blogger Dean said...

That would be very cool and very welcome. Debbie was just commenting tonight that I need to put "Teach Your Children" back in the repertoire. You know you can sing in our living room any time!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home