Monday, September 17, 2007

New venue this Saturday.

I'm just back from two straight weekends of retreats. It happens every September. The first two weekends are spent at men's retreats for Hoosier Disciples of Christ men. Men's ministry is part of my ministry portfolio, but if this is work, then just throw me in that briar patch! This work involves fellowship, study, worship and music. Lots of music!

My first two weekends in Indiana were spent at these same retreats, and these were the places I met some of the people who rekindled music in me. It's a glad reunion with instruments and campfires. I'll write more about it on the blog.

Now that the retreats have passed, I've got several appearances coming up.  Wednesday evening I'll be at Southport Christian Church for the kickoff of their Feasting on Faith Wednesday evening activities.

This Saturday, Sep. 22, I'll be playing at a new venue for me, Beanzie's Gourmet Coffee in Avon.  The music will start at 6:30.  It would be great to see you there.  The shop is located at the intersection of 10th Street and State Road 267 in Avon.  (View map) Pass the word to your friends out that way! 

The following Friday, Sep. 28, I'll be back at The Bean Cup on the south side of Indianapolis.  It's located at 8908 S Saint Peter St., off County Line Road directly across from Greenwood Park Mall.

Finally, I'm very excited about going back to Cherry Log, Georgia in October.  Where is Cherry Log, you ask?  It's right halfway between Maxwell and Lucius.  It's the home of the Pink Pig Barbecue Restaurant, where former president Jimmy Carter used to dine.  Cherry Log is also the place where I began my pastoral ministry with the planting of Cherry Log Christian Church.  I'll be playing for Appalachian Weekend on Saturday, October 27, then staying for worship on Sunday morning.

Please visit the web site for more information about upcoming shows.  Your support means more than I know how to say!


Blessings,
Dean

www.goingoverhome.com
www.myspace.com/deanphelps
www.indyfolknews.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home