Sunday, December 05, 2010

What to Do

It's been a great weekend, and it started off with driving down to Nashville (Ind.) to see Richard Smith and his wife Julie Adams perform.

I'm not aware of any world ranking of guitarists, but Richard's ability puts him in the class of people like Tommy Emmanuel. He may or may not be the best, who knows, but he'd certainly qualify. I sat on the second row and just let myself be astounded. I had fun at the same time because Richard is a good entertainer as well as a phenomenal player.

You can learn more about Richard on his web site, www.richardsmithmusic.com.

After watching a performance like that, you can go one of two ways. You can either say, "I'll never be that good; I'm never picking up my guitar again," or you can take this approach: "If I recommit myself to practice and work really hard, by the time I'm that good, I'll be dead."

I figure playing my guitar every day would be a great way to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home