Monday, January 28, 2008

A funny thing happened on the way to Amazon

I've released two CDs: Going Over Home in 1997 and This Old House in 2006. This Old House is the only one of the two available for sale through Amazon.com. At least that's what I thought.

I forget exactly what I doing, but I needed to double check the address of the Amazon.com page for This Old House. The address contains a product code that does not lend itself well to memorization. (Found out it was http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000M9CDSQ.)

It made sense that the best way to come up with the address was to go to Amazon's site and search for myself. (We Baby Boomers are always searching for ourselves, aren't we?) Search 'Music' for 'Dean Phelps'. Ah, the convenience of the 21st century.

I found This Old House, but the search also turned up Going Over Home for sale at Amazon.com! But that wasn't the stunning part. What arrested my attention was the line that said "1 new & used from $39.99." 39.99!? Somebody is selling that CD for forty freakin' dollars! My work is appreciating, and I'm not even dead.

I truly hope it sells, but not to somebody kind enough to read my ramblings on the blog.

Folks, you don't have to shell out forty bucks for the CD. It's not out of print yet, although it's close. My guess is that I'll sell the last copies of it that I'm going to sell sometime this year. You can find Going Over Home in CD Baby's bargain bin for 5 dollars. (It's in the Country / Americana section.) Buy it there. I'll appreciate that you bought my music, and you'll save $35.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home