Monday, January 07, 2008

Review from The Bean Cup

The review below came from Carolyn Doyle and appeared on the Indy Folk News discussion group.

++++++

Rev. Dean packs 'em in by Carolyn Doyle

Very nice performance by the relaxed and accomplished Rev. Dean Phelps on Friday night at The Bean Cup (on the north side of County Line Road, across from Greenwood Park Mall). I was impressed by the number of cars parked outside, and at first wondered if the adjacent Arthur Murray Dance Studio was having a hoedown. But no, they were all there for Dean ... it was so crowded, I had to take my chicken salad to the one available table, which was front and center.

Dean played one of the most varied song lists I've heard in awhile ... everything from "My Grandfather's Clock" to the Beatles' "Rocky Raccoon" to Jim Croce's "Roller Derby Queen" to my favorite of the amazing C.J. Watson's vast repertoire, "My Dog Jesus."

Dave had to work, but I hope we can both be there nexttime, Dean.

And I noticed that the Eastside's own Sean Hannigan will be playing at The Bean Cup at 7 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 12, we plan to be there for that one!

-- Carolyn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home